Day 10.
Oh, be still my heart. I could spend eternity looking at her sweet face, her deep dark eyes, her cupids bow lips. Spend eternity stroking her soft wispy hair, squishy round cheeks, her virgin feet that have never known ground. Oh, I am in love...deeply in love. Oh, how I look at her and wish I could freeze time, that her in all her smallness would remain forever.... for everyday she changes, she gets older, stronger, she gets more. Is it a gift that I know how fast time goes...how fleeting these moments are? I just need to look into the eyes of my others to be reminded just how fast it goes. I want to savor...to deeply feel all of everything so they are etched into my heart forever. For she like the others are a gift from our God above. I don't want to miss a thing.
As you can probably tell it's been a quiet reflective kind of day.... where I swing between enjoying the moment to being deep in thought. I feel feelings deeply.....and I need to process. How is it possible to feel sad, longing, thankfulness, wonder, love, mad, tired, blessed and whole all at the same time?
Our wee Charlie woke with a cold this morning....just over one week and she already has a cold...but totally not surprising when the entire household has one too. Thank you, God, I can nourish her snuffly squishy-ness.
I baked muffins today. And sorted and folded clothes. Normal mama stuff. It felt good. But I also found myself wishing to go back to just resting. I am tired physically now. My back aches. My wound aches. My heart aches.
On an up note....today is day 10. I can remove my wound dressing...if I could see it properly. It will be a job for my husband I think. But not only that....I can take a bath! Oh, how I have missed that....in fact it's already been run for me and sits steaming and waiting. Oh how wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx