Thursday, May 31, 2018

Day 15

 Day 15.

This! It's all kinds of deliciousness right there. 😍 Today was bath day. I say that like it was an event but that's because it was! Charlie Grace's first ever bath! And she LOVED it! She totally relaxed and let the familiar surrounds of water caress her. If she could smile I am sure she would of. Now you maybe thinking why we have waited 2 weeks to bath her or perhaps that's kind of gross. Babies don't get dirty and certainly nothing that a warm cloth can't fix. Instead we chose to let all the crazy goodness that vernix aka baby-frosting aka that white stuff on freshly born babies, absorb into the skin...nourishing and moisturizing it. We also were waiting for her umbilical cord to dry, heal and fall off. Plus I feel it's another thing we as a society rushed to do when we can merely slow down. She certainly was exhausted albeit soft and hair fluffy and fell fast asleep. No baby baths around here...I find them a pain to fill and empty. No I was blessed to share my bath with her and have some precious skin to skin time.

I have um'ed and ahh'ed about leaving the house today. I didn't in the end....I think I am just reluctant to step out and re-enter the world so to speak. I well know that there is no back-peddling into hibernation once you are out. Maybe I'll be ready tomorrow.....plus I am getting bored. Two weeks is quite a long time to have stayed put....especially for a people person like me. Although up until now every time I contemplated going out I have cried....total warning sign that I haven't been ready.
I made a number of appointments today including one to the physiotherapy department. They'll see me in three weeks thanks. I am hoping and praying that they can help my poor post c-section body back into shape and looking and feeling less like an 87 year old woman. Also waiting for an osteopath appointment so they can sort my back out...then perhaps I'll be able to move better too. Still loads of healing to be done 😩
One day at a time. God is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx