Monday, May 21, 2018

Trust Yourself

 Day 5.

In the corner of our room sit this very very cute Moses basket on a very cute wooden stand. It's nicely made with freshly washed sheets, comfy mattress and warm woolen blankets at the ready. It's cute to say the lease. But I think it's for looks....actually my sister in law asked me when I was pregnant if I was actually going to use it. I said probably not. And yes here we are.
Frankie thinks it's the coolest thing ever and constantly wants me to put Charlie in it. Perhaps so she can rock her to sleep (or have easy access to her or climb in with her). So today after a nice long feed I put her in it asleep, tucked her in and we walked away....only to come back five mins later to angry cries of someone clearly put out. I picked Charlie up, gave her cuddles, she went back to sleep and I popped her on my bed with a warm blanket.....and there she's been for coming up three hours. Sound asleep. Not even a peep out her during a visit from an aunty AND a nappy change.
My point here isn't to skite about how well she is sleeping but to tell you...you don't have to do anything. They will tell you, you need to put baby down, that they need their own bed/bedroom. They will also tell you that you need to carry your baby everywhere, that they need to be in arms 24/7 even though your back is killing you and your pelvic floors are about to crash and burn.
But seriously mamas....you do you. There is no have to's just want to's or feel to's. You do you. Trust yourself.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx