Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Day 6

Day 6.

Can we take a moment just to talk about hormones for a moment? Aren't they intense? I don't think we give them the respect that they deserve because by crikey they are some super powerful super power pumping through our bodies. They can make you cry at a mere moment's notice more than likely when you least expect it. Turn you into a raging fiery ball of craziness in a split second. They can make you feel like super woman with bionic strength and vitality and urge you to take on tasks that aren't yours to take on....only to go down in a messy heap of stress and overwhelming burden.
Unfortunately for me....the expected rush of crazy post-partum hormones coincided with Jamie being sick and then Frankie coming down with a head cold. Can you imagine????!!!! Honestly my first thought was.....seriously why the heck can't I be needing rest and recuperation space by myself. Why do I have to share? Cue...tears over cups of teas tasting wrong, tears over kids fighting, tears over soreness, anger over soreness, anger and tears over present post-birth body shape and ability. Generally speaking, I was one hot mess. Seriously that night bed never looked so good.
But in all seriousness....it's in this time we need to give space and voice to these moments. You aren't going crazy...it's just a crazy ride you are on. You are completely normal, perfectly created and preciously chosen for this baby, for this time. I promise you...you will come back. My best advice....just ride these waves. Show this post to your husband/partner so he knows that you aren't losing your marbles if you get hysterical over no one replacing the toilet roll.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx