Wednesday, May 8, 2019

It Can Wait!

I slept in this morning...to 8:10am! I know don't shoot me but seriously sleep has been eluding me for a while now. It's either the baby keeping me awake or it's my overactive thought processes.... why!! So, when my husband got up at 6am with Charlie Grace despite of my best efforts to get her back to sleep...I cocooned myself back under the covers and simply refuse to leave. Sleep came and it was good. So good.

But now I'm thinking .... was it even worth it? I'm not sure if I really did myself any favors by taking such liberties for myself even though Lord knows I need it!
My brain runs faster than I can keep up...and now I am left running around like I headless chook that's dizzy on the fizzy. When I get like this, I start to fray at the edges and start to grump at my kids.... or husband if he's around...."someone please help me!" But when pushed I actually can't name what I need help with....so maybe it's me...I need to be better at time management (I have known that for a long time) but I also need to be better at communicating what I need help with and what my stressors are. For a long time I felt guilty that I couldn't do everything well...I can do somethings well...I'm great at somethings. Somethings I suck at and there are somethings I would most gladly tap out of. I don't know why I put pressure on myself like this....my husband certainly doesn't...although I guess he would like some kind of dinner at least 5 times a week.
Mama guilt and mama pressure...self-imposed or not...it's very real and today I'm feeling it big time.
So, I'm leaving the crumbs on the table and the kitchen floor a little sticky....and I'm citing first world problems in order to make me feel better. I'm sure someone will grab a mop at some stage.... won't they? I'm sitting here drinking the last drop of my one coffee for the day.... cos every drop is worthy to be drunk



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx