Saturday, September 2, 2017

Time for some self-care

It's been an afternoon of self-care for me.... which for me meant coffee, my electric blanket and good wholesome bingeing on Netflix. There actually isn't very many TV shows I can stomach watching but I found this recently and it's just what I need to relax and not have my brain think of anything else. I have been battling tonsillitis AGAIN...the third time this year!

We all talk about self-care and we all encourage each other to take some time out to look after ourselves, but do we actually do it. I have some actually tell me they believe it's being self-centred..NOOOOOOO! Its imperative to our health.... mental, physical, emotional and spiritual. I was actually meant to be elsewhere this afternoon celebrating a first birthday, but an unwell kiddie made me stay home while the rest of my family went. He is resting and so I thought I would do the same.

After three episodes of When Calls the Heart I felt it was time to put on good worship music and start dinner. It feels good to have had that time to just sit...and not be running around constantly doing something.

What have you done for you?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx