This is as much as Tom would let me post of him on any social media...he tells me I'm 'cringe'. Bless me.
Today is another momentous milestone in our house.... the next to go off to school albeit college for the first time since he was 5 and a half. I shouldn't have to tell you that I was more than nervous and cried after he left this morning. I mean I wouldn't be me if I didn't. Tom looked happy enough, a little nervous but happy enough as he left with a couple of mates on their first day too. He doesn't have to walk far just across the road which I'm sure will play to his advantage when he sleeps in!
We are blessed really...to have faith in an amazing God. To have the power, strength and protection of the God Almighty. I prayed this morning for him and all the other kids nervously but excitedly starting school...any school. This is the generation that will be mighty in strength and passion to change the world. I firmly believe that. And we us parents get to guide them, love them, encourage them and equip them to do so. I also believe that it's no accident that God has moved us here across the road from the college.... it's a mission field all on its own! God is good.
"Make your tents larger!
Spread out the tent pegs;
fasten them firmly.
You and your descendants
will take over the land of other nations.
You will settle in towns that are now in ruins." - Is 54: 2-3
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx