Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Nurture & Nourish

Nurture & Nourish

Remember my post about my 'WORD' for this year.... well it turned out to be these two.
Today as I finalized my reflections and wrote out my goals for this year for all things.... personal, family, ministry (@loving_arms_nz), house and relationships. I can see the definite theme of these two words running through them all.
How do feel? I am excited. Such warm, cozy and intimate feelings rise up inside when I read these. Feelings of holding close those things that matter the most....my God, my people, my home, my ministry.... myself. I expect the last might be a wee bit of a challenge. Focusing on myself isn't something I'm crash hot about. Is anyone though?

I took the entire day today to get some work done including setting goals and completing some admin work. Not going to lie it's been tough.... even though I have told everyone to pretend I'm not here.... short story...they can't. I did sit for an hour or so and ate a massive almond croissant and enjoyed a coffee on my own at a local cafe where I ploughed through some it. Perhaps I should have stayed there all day .... I thought I'd share one goal from each category.... Personal - Seek 'Word before World"...always

Family - To be intentional about creating "Family Time" and scheduling it into the calendar.
Ministry - To finish role descriptions for key areas and to release those people to work their magic.
House - To create and maintain clean and organized living spaces.

Relationships - To make the connection with the people in my circle a priority and love on them.
There you have it, just a few. I tell you there is nothing like seeing what you want written down on paper to get and keep you motivated. I'm excited.
Do you take time to set yourself up for the year? If so, how?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx