2019. A brand new year. Isn't it just fully pregnant with oodles of possibilities and millions of opportunities.
I truly love this time of year.... the wondering of what this brand-new year will bring. What lessons will I have learnt? What people I would of connected with? What facet of God will I discover? What roads will I have journeyed? Are you not just ridicously excited?! I have been thinking about my WORD for the year. One that will intertwine throughout. One that will wrap moments high and bandage moments low. I am an inkling of what it is, but I need to be sure.
Last year's word was "strength". Of course, when you embark on the year you don't exactly what that means. But as I look back to the year that was...I most certainly had to have strength to carry our 8th baby, for her journey earth side and to walk the healing process. To walk through the challenges that teenagers, pre-teens, and small kiddies bring. To find strength in the culling and pruning back of things, roles and identities that I once tightly held on to. The strength to admit to and to seek help for anxiety, PTSD (from Charlie's birth) and almost burnout....to move forward to good healthy mental health. To see the end of our home-schooling journey and embrace the 'school mum life' again. To wave my husband off to Indonesia on a mission trip. To bear the sadness, the hurts and hopelessness of stories told by the mums we help through Loving Arms.
But in all this it has not been my own strength...but His strength I have sought out. Purposely seeking out His face and His Word for guidance and strength. For in all things God is gracious. And merciful. And strengthening.
God is good.
But this year.....its so brand spanking new....and I am excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx