Helping out a friend with decorations for her tree at our church's pop-up Christmas tree forest. This is surprisingly quite therapeutic. I think it's the enforced sitting down and unhurried pace of it all. I don't have to think too hard...just focus on the job at hand lest I stab myself with a pin. After a tough week it's clearly what is needed.
I was reflecting on the happenings of my life yesterday as I drove to the dentist .... we often think if I can just get through this next little bit or if I just get on the other side of this storm THEN it will he smooth sailing and I can enjoy life or all will be well. You know what God showed me.... life ALWAYS throws things at you, there is ALWAYS speed bumps, challenges, sickness, deadlines, ages and stages. There is very rarely a smooth road. Um gee thanks for sharing that with me I hear you say.
I think the secret is finding joy in amongst those hiccups. Seeking His face, finding rest in His peace and not looking for the world or your life to give it to you. It's in Him and in handing over every part, every hidden hurt, every secret challenge to Him and resting in the knowledge and assurance that He holds it all in His palm and that "He works all things together for good for those who love Him" - Romans 8:28
My life can truly attest for that time and time again. So now I will choose to live in His peace while the sometimes chaos of life threatens to topple me.
"Peace, I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx