Monday, December 17, 2018

Summer and Books

Eek! The beginning of my summer reading haul and I am so excited! I love a good novel but find ever so hard to find decent reads. I tend to lean towards historical stories that are based around actual events.... got any other good recommendations? I love to learn new things along the way, and I get very frustrated with a lot of novels that have weak and predictable storylines. The book on top I plan to save for last, but it looks to be a real goodie (think of the movie The Help it's set in a similar era). I am determined to get a bit lost in reading this summer. I need to.

Honestly, I cannot remember the last novel I read...it's been that long. Most of the time books that are stacked on my bedside table are personal growth, church/community growth, ministry and leadership books. (I am seeing you all yawn over there) I have been listening to a few books of late as I put Charlie to bed at night or am travelling in the car. The latest one was "Everybody Always" and am now in the middle of "The Broken Way". Both EXCELLENT reads (or listens) and both mind- blowing and challenging in the own right! Both get thumbs up from me!
So, show me what's on your bookshelf this summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx