One of my latest reads....an excellent book by the way! Its fill with a commonsense way of eating.
For years since I was a teenager I totally bought into the diet culture and done ALL the diets in order to look a certain way. If we look back into the 1950s and further back than that we notice that not too many people were overweight. Why? Because they ate wholefoods, in their proper form. Raw milk, eggs, tallow/animal fat, cheese and animal organs (especially if you grew up on a farm) little sugar and little process food. They moved more in their daily life, didn't fear the sun and spent more time outside.
Fast forward to now.... I'm have a hypothyroid problem. Which means I just need to look at the wrong type of food...well you catch my drift. With the introduction of seed oils, plant-based milk and food and low-carb diet.... our metabolism are suffering. I've done plant-based, keto, fasting, high intensity exercise, prolonged cardio and everything else you could think of. Now as a woman in my 40s... I am reaping the un-rewards of those choices. Now I'm focusing of healing my metabolism by eating all the good things. No food group is off limits...apart from seed oils and for me gluten as it mimics an antithyroid enzyme.
I am no longer cold all the time, my thyroid has stabilized, no brain fog, more energy and I have more even moods. I am eating meat, eggs, animal fats even animal organs.... all the good food. If you look at what the French eat...you'd be surprised at the very low incidents of cancer, diabetes and heart disease. I do weights three times a week and that's it and move my body more.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx