Today, I'm feeling somewhat sad. Last year in Queens Birthday weekend we moved my mum out of her house that she's lived in for 38 years. My dad and her built that house and we moved in in 1984. My mum went to stay with my sister. I'm picking that she never thought she would die within 9 months. That she never got to live in her unit she was building out the back of my sister's house, that when in Queenstown it would be the last time, she saw my family altogether.
I spent the last weekend at my sister's house going through the last of her things.
How sad that when someone does there are just things.... random things. Like the tins of buttons, jars of paper clips and drawing pins. I brought back six glasses she had kept that she wanted to use in her new tiny home. They make me sad...that she never got to use them again.
It does make you want to live the very best life you possibly can. Love each other, hug your spouse and hug your kids. Deeply love them.
Every single time I see a monarch butterfly it makes me think of my mum.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx