Today as I cleaned off my bookshelf I put to bed a long-held dream of becoming a midwife. I realized that as I stood looking at my overflowing bookshelf of very birthy books. It dawned on me that being a midwife in the traditional sense was not for me. I had read re-read and re-read again every birth and midwifery text I could get my hands on in preparation of the one day....and there was a vast number. Even though I passionately felt this was where my heart was leading me...
I have felt over the last few years that my path is to be a different one. A path specially chosen for me by God himself. Am I sad.... a little. But I am also excited....I know my heart is for women, for mothers, for women becoming mothers...my drive is that they know they are valued, that they know what their bodies are capable of, that they know they have options, that they know they can say NO, that they are respected, that they are cared for, loved and given the best chance at succeeding in this life....as mothers and as women.
I will be with women.... a "midwife" in a sense! And that is what I am called to do. And I will do that with every bit of strength I have until I am told differently.... I am truly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx