Not gonna lie...sometimes being in ministry (and/or being married to one who is) can be so exhausting. Tuesday nights is one of the few nights that I fly solo while Jamie is out doing his thing. Tuesday nights are Connect groups for the youth of our community...While I am very tired, hot and would rather him be at home tonight....(just being honest here) I am very proud and excited about what he is passing on of himself tonight.
He is over-seeing the young men and leading them through a series called "Boys to Men", in which they take a look at the current state of manhood in our society, what does it mean to be a man, and what is a man among other things. They are also taking a look at issues that surround young men of today, the lack of good male role models, the personal hurdles they will no doubt face and the importance of surrounding with mentors and good friends that will see them through this tough time.
In a society where the father-figure in the home maybe absent both physically or emotionally and the worlds crazy definition of what a "man" looks like....I totally believe what he is passing on to these young men is invaluable and I am so very proud to call him my husband and a father to our children.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx