In the corner of our room a pile of bags, packs, a tent and a gun wait. Yes, it's that time again and my favorite #preacherman husband is highly highly excited and it anxious for tomorrow to be here. He will be off in the early hours of the morning for the first of two helicopter trips into the back and beyond of the hills of New Zealand. April is the time of the "Roar" (or Rut if you live in the Northern Hemisphere) and a time when many a hunters wives "lose" their men to the hills, mountains and bush.
Yes, I'll be solo parenting for these trips and yes, we as a family will miss him and yes, I am heavily pregnant, but this is time I wouldn't deny him (unless there was a very good reason) This is a time of replenishment, reenergizing and passion. A time for play, restoration and hopefully provision. He needs this for him. My preacher man is a good man, a great husband, a great father and continues to serve His God, his family, the church and the community well.... sometimes working very long hours. He goes with our blessing and prayers....and our hope for him over these two trips is that enjoys the space, the connection with his brother and friends, and also the presence of God that he experiences while alone in the hills. May he experience and hear new and encouraging things that God has especially for him. I'll miss him. I love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx