Saturday, September 5, 2020

It's the little things

There's not too many of these moments left.... where she'll climb up on to my lap, lay her head on my chest and drift off to sleep. In her safe place and perfectly content. These are the moments I want etched deeply in my memory.

Having a child leave home.... well, there's absolutely nothing in this world that can prepare you for it. Nothing. I cried. His father cried. But if nothing else it makes you thankful and it makes you reflect. I'm thankful for that we have sent him off on a positive note, excited for him and with prayers and love. He wasn't kicked out; he didn't run away...he knows he felt loved and accepted. But oh, how I miss him.
The days following him leaving were hard. It's the small things that choked me up. The folding of the washing....no washing pile for him. Five thirty on the clock....no boom boom up the street as he pulls into the driveway after work. Oh, my heart.
Its most certainly shoves the time with that we have left with the others in our faces, and it seems short. Now I want to cram all the memories in, all the conversations.... all the time. Because time is all you have...once spent you can never earn more.
The saying "the days are long, but the years are short" is 150% so very true!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx