Tuesday, September 13, 2016

September's Stories Day 13 - Life by Faith

 Firewood. A seemingly simple thing. A necessity for  survival in the damp and grey Waikato winter. An absolute necessity if you live in a near 100 year old drafty villa like we do.   As you know we had the date of the 10th September to move out but we were offered another week to stay in the house while we found a new house. So with the 10th in mind we had worked out and stretched out our firewood consumption to last until the 10th. We did very well at making it last.  So come yesterday morning we were out....completely out, like nothing, zilch, nil. Out.  Now I HATE being cold and this house is cold. We usually have the fire going until October to take the chill off the air. And seeing its only the middle of September I knew we were going to struggle.  We needed firewood and we needed it that day.

So we prayed. Jamie and I stood in the middle of the kitchen with the kids running around us and trying to climb up our legs, faced each other, held hands, bowed our heads and prayed.  We prayed for our new house to be revealed to us (soon please), for our day, for our family and we prayed for firewood. I think my words were..."Please God we need firewood, and we need it today, we have none and I HATE being cold."   I left this request in God's hands, and for him to sort out because we did not have the resources to supply firewood for ourselves. Jamie then took himself off to work and as usual we told no one of our need for firewood.

I spent most of yesterday, listening to worship music up loud, like really loud and singing at the top of my voice. That afternoon I started to walk down the hallway singing "Be enthroned upon the praises of a thousand generation..."and I notice a man walking up the steps as the front door was open.  Of course I sheepishly greeted him a little embarrassed. After saying hello he simply said "Yeah I have some firewood for you...where do you want it?".  As you can imagine I was a little gob-smacked and speechless and after I found my voice I directed him to where to put it. It wasn't a huge amount but more than enough to get us through the next week and maybe even some left over to leave for our land lord.  What an answer to prayer! A little miracle to say  remind us that He has us in the palm of His hand and that He is the one that supplies all our needs when we ask in prayer and in agreement. My God is an awesome God. We feel truly blessed. God is truly good.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx