Thursday, September 1, 2016

September's Stories Day 2 - Eight Years Ago

Eight years.  Its a long time. Eight years ago I was only 13 weeks pregnant with Sophie, our fifth child.  I now have seven children and my baby is two months shy of turning 2. I will always remember this day for two things happened. Two life changing things.

Firstly, eight years ago today my dad died. Only three months from turning 70. He suffered a stroke only four days prior and passed away with my sister by his side eight years ago today. I am glad he didn't survive it.... not because I wanted him to die. But because he would of hated with every ounce of his being, living with major disabilities that a stroke of that size would of left him with. He would of hated being dependent on anybody let of alone the possibility of living in a care facility.  He was a stoic and independent man. The person that taught me to think for myself and to question mainstream thinking on topics such as health, which in turn led on to other areas such as birth, education and parenting. He is missed.

Secondly, eight years ago today we moved into this house. I remember clearly one morning a few weeks earlier, lying on the cold kitchen floor with bad morning sickness, crying to Jamie about how I wanted to move into the country where we had space for the kids and could have some chickens and the vege garden. That VERY afternoon this house was advertised in the paper and Jamie rang to make inquiries and basically it was ours if we wanted it. A true answer to prayer. I was not here for the move for I had been called home to be with Dad and my family. Our wonderful church family helped Jamie and the kids packed up, move and unpack into here. I came home to a new home with everything all unpacked.  I was home two hours before I got the call that Dad had died. What a day!

And here we are, pretty much all packed up and ready to go....waiting. Waiting for the new chapter, our new era to begin. Waiting for our new home.  We will miss this house for it has been good to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx