Wednesday, September 7, 2016

September's Stories Day 8 - The Best Yes

I am off shortly (yay!) so I thought that I would quickly squeeze in today's blog so I don't have to think about doing it late tonight. Because I am sure I will be too busy hanging out with excellent and gorgeous women talking and eating. You know because thats what women do.  I managed to squeeze in a teleconference this morning which is always a bit nerve-wracking when I am home alone with the kids. I am petrified that there will be an all out war while I am on the phone and my cover of the "super multi-tasking" mum will be blown. Today's one was longer than usual which so I am sure the kids ate me out of house and home.

Anyway here is my current read. The Best Yes by Lysa Terkeurst.  It was given to me by a gorgeous friend. Oh My...I am only three chapter in and I am already loving it.  I can relate to EVERY single thing that Lysa talks about. Feeling stretched, not wanting to let anyone down, wanting to do everything but not..... at the same time, all the while feeling overwhelmed and undernourished. Can you relate to any of that? Chapter 3, I am pretty sure Lysa crawled into my head and wrote that chapter about the craziness that was in my head and my secret thoughts and desires.

"God had given me a gift of this time. My time. My choice My approach. Your time, Your choice, Your approach. What's that soul thing for you, that God-honouring thing that keeps slipping away because there's been no time to set aside and actually start?" Pg 27 The Best Yes - Lysa Terkeurst

Just that very paragraph has had a profound effect on me and has given me the confidence and the permission to start to set aside time to do my 'soul thing'.

So while I am only on the Chapter 3 I am already loving it. Totally recommending so far!!

See ya tomorrow. I am sure I'll have load to write about. xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx