Sunday, December 25, 2016

Documenting December Day 26 - Scripture Reflections

I am not very well today. Miss Frankie-pants ( 2) has developed a Christmas cold and bless her...decided to share it with me. I love her. We decided to take the day and slow it down and relax in our preparation and packing for the next five nights away. Jamie took the other five children to the movies today which was a real treat...even Jesse (4) got to go for the first time ever.  He fell asleep halfway through it. Bless him.

You know when you slow down some....it gives you a chance to reflect and think back on some stuff. I have made no secret that this year has been a big year....we have had a lot happen.  Things that I am still trying to process. I opened my bible in what seems like FAR too long and it was like coming home. Of course it is...because that is where I belong...immersed in His Word and His Love.  I read the last few things that I wrote in my diary and the last two scriptures could quite possibly sum up 2016. God gave me the following verse as we were in our last days of living in our home of 8 years with no where to go.

"You shall not need to fight in this battle; take your positions, stand still and see the deliverance of the Lord [who is] with you....Fear not nor be dismayed." - 2 Chronicles 20:17

I can't say I completely listened to the last part of that scripture...I dismayed plenty of times. But it was so bang on...we did not need to fight for our break through we just had to wait and watch the Lord do His thing.

"For the vision is yet for an appointed time and it hastens to the end [fulfillment]; it will not deceive or disappoint you. Though it tarry, wait [ earnestly] for it because it will surely come; it will not be behindhand on its appointed day."  - Habakkuk 2:3

God gave me this verse as we were preparing to move in with our friends for what was to be two weeks and actually ended up two months. Never for a moment did I think we would be in limbo for so long. But His answer to our prayer did not deceive us nor did it disappoint us.

Just reading those two verses reminded me once again how good God actually is!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx