Friday, December 30, 2016

Documenting December Day 31 - Goodbye 2016

Well here we are...on the cusp of the New Year! 2017.  I am pretty sure its going to be a good one.  I am not sad that this year has come to an end.  While some good things have happened.....big parts of it were extremely tough going. I will not miss those parts.

2016 saw Jamie gain full-time employment and ministry. This makes me extremely happy and to see the person that I love...love what he is doing, to what God has called him to do, what he is born to do.  He is good at it. And that makes me happy. God also completely healed his hip and his back....which of course makes me happy too. God is good.

This year also saw us face our biggest challenge ever....to prepare us to move and not know where. We spent nearly four months of the year not knowing where we were gong to be living, two months not knowing when would move and living in limbo with nothing of our own around.  That was extremely unsettling and forced us to draw strength from God every single day. I will not lie...there are days that I did not at all cope and at time have felt utterly broken. We have faced financial stress and yet seen amazing miracles of provision at just the right time. One cannot deny God....when you are so dependent on Him.

I personally have faced intense personal struggles  including the breakdown of relationships that were once important to me and the hurt still hurts..it will for a long time. As the saying goes "If you love them let them go......" and that is where I am. There are seasons for everything...some are long and some are short but we can always learn something from all of them.

I have ended this year with this photo. I love it. It was taken at a time when all was right with our world before the hard stuff happened.  I am looking forward to having a new photo taken...very soon I hope.

Thank you all for reading and your encouragement and support. Many of you have contacted me personally and told me how much has spoken to you> I will continue on with my blog just not everyday. Love you all and may God bless you with an amazing 2017!

Love Sharni



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx