Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Documenting December Day 27 - Summer Holiday

Day one of our summer holiday and boy is it summer down here.  33 degrees was the temperature guage as we enter the region and when I checked the thermometer at about 7pm it was still 27 or so degrees. When we got out of the car it was like stepping into an oven. We are melting. But oh it is so nice to be here. Sun, surf, sand, and BBQs with the odd water fight thrown in.

I am still battling a bad head cold which is not so good seeing we are off to Splash Planet (the local water park) for the day to celebrate a special nieces 3rd birthday. I am really hoping that I will be a least a little better tomorrow....I mean you can't go to Splash Planet and not go down a water slide or float around the lazy river.  I will definitely be having a ride on the train that circles the park all day.

I am enjoying my kids hanging out with their cousins, cousins that they only get to see a few times of the year.  Its like one giant party here...isn't that just classic summer though.  Yay for our awesome house-sitter too.....its really nice knowing there is someone hanging out in your house!!

Are you on a summer holiday at the moment? Or are you on a winter holiday?? Where are you?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx