Monday, December 12, 2016

Documenting December Day 12 - A Celebration of Trees

Tonight was the first night of Tree Awamutu....our church's very own Pop-Up Christmas Tree forest filled with original Christmas Trees from the all corners of the community.  What a night it was too! I was so wonderful to see so many people coming through the doors to enjoy the Christmas trees, the choir singing, the cup of tea, the refreshments and the company.

Children...children always get to me....they are so special.  I love how they just enjoy and take in the wonder of it all. They so loved making and decorating their wooden crosses and stepping up the steps to hang theirs on the giant Christmas tree. I love watching them peer over the top of the bench at all the Christmas goodies with their giant eyes just waiting to be offered one....and when they are they go straight for the biggest one.  I love it because that is what I would do.

It was a great night. A great night of being able to serve our community in such a festive way.  I can't wait for tomorrow night...and the next!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx