If I wasn't excited, then I am now. Not only did we get to celebrate Loving Arms 5th birthday yesterday with a fabulous breakfast, but we launched our brand-new initiative out into the world....Kaiawhina. I will do a later post all about it but if you are at all interested you can click on the link below and have a read all about it.
Yesterday was so really special as we celebrated with our long standing and very hard-working volunteers, former mums that have received help from us, local midwives, board members and our local MP Barbara Kuriger MP and Paula Bennett. There are so many people I want to thank that helped pull this occasion off because if it was left up to me, they would have been eating weet-bix. Our amazing pancake breakfast was lovingly cooked for us by former Chef David Raine who gifted us his services. He had the pleasure of my husband Jamie as his kitchen hand. We were treated to coffee by Kelan Attwood who too donated his barista skills to this special occasion.
The room looked absolutely stunning (again not at all me) was dressed by the ever-lovely Sylvia Craig from Tussock & Co. And thank you to our other wonderful supporters that helped me pull this breakfast off.... you all are such gems!
But what I think I loved the absolute most was watching every single person in the room engaging in genuine conversation and enjoying themselves. That was touched my heart the most.
So, as we head into this new chapter of Loving Arms, I can't wait to see what the next 5 years holds for us....I hope you all will join us on this journey.
Much love
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx