Friday, March 13, 2020

Selfcare

This verse was given to me by a dear friend just after we had shared our news publicly on Wednesday night. It's one of my favs and one of the very first verses I committed to memory as a new Christian.

Truth be told though...ever since that night I haven't been doing very well. Don't get me wrong...I still 150% believe this is right for us, I'm still excited and still at peace about our decision.
But the enemy in true form likes "to kill, steal and destroy"....so I have been plagued with a very relentless headache, anxiety, feeling overwhelmed, teary. And.....Thursday morning we woke to our accommodation supplement randomly $50 less per week because they rejigged the criteria. So typical.
But truth be told ain't nobody got time for all that.... It's easy to get caught up in all my feelings and essentially drown in what's going on in the natural. But girl it's in those times we need to be opening up the scriptures...reading verses and promises given to us by God. Good selfcare, of the Word, good food, water, fresh air and walking barefoot outside. (Ok that last bit might be just me...I find this so grounding). If I lived by some water, I'd be there too. I know these feelings will pass.... sometimes it takes intention and time...and a timely text from your BFF.
I do hope you find some kind of encouragement today in whatever you are doing. I'm determined to keep sharing our journey of our life by faith with you.... because it's in the sharing of one another stories and journey is what helps build faith and encouragement in others. And we all need that don't we.
What does good selfcare look like for you?






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx