Thursday, March 12, 2020

Courage Over Fear

This has been my home screen on my phone for a while now.... what got me was the words "courage over fear". Courage doesn't mean you aren't necessarily afraid, but it means you are doing big, brave things, taking risks or stepping out in obedience to whatever God is asking you to do. And that is right where we are right now.... I knew God was asking us to do something big and brave, but I didn't know what until a few weeks ago.
When it dawned on me, I felt that stirring in my spirit that said..."no that's just too crazy" and "no I don't want to do that but wanting to at the same time". I'm actually embarrassed to say that a big part of me not wanting to say yes is what other people might say in the face of all this craziness.... that and the fact I didn't want to live in lack anymore. Shallow-ness I know but it's my truth. The people pleaser in me rears its ugly head.

But we said yes anyway.... but not before many tears were shed, many bargaining and many "are we positives? Saying yes to God really is the only answer you can give. God is not your God if you can say no to him.
So as from the 29th of March Jamie is no longer working for Zion Church but will be working alongside me here at Loving Arms. Helping me run, grow and expand our brand...ensuring all the babies, mums and families across our region and beyond that need help have access to it.
I have been working 40+ hours in and around motherhood, being a wife and an active part of the church family....it takes that much of me....and it's been unpaid. At this stage we are unsure where our future income will come from.... We have big plans for Loving Arms in the next 5 years....and for that to happen, we have the support of our awesome board and supportive friends and family.... it's all hands-on deck. Pray for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx