Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Barefoot

Ok don't look too closely at my feet....I have "small hairless hobbit like" feet...BUT thankful they get me from A to B.

Spent some time today barefoot and outside before the heavens opened in drenched the land. My backyard was the closest I could get to nature today. I call it grounding. Grounding helps with all sorts of things.... I've been battling a headache all day and generally feeling anxious. My husband will tell you I'll find things to worry about. Today it's our massively long waiting list Loving Arms has for cots and car seats. It actually hurts that I can't provide safe sleeping spaces and safe travelling spaces for these precious babies. When you see the gap between the haves and the have nots and you hear the stories.... well, my heart hurts.
So, my mission is to collect tools to help me...not feel overwhelmed, not have heart hurts and not to feel anxious. To put better boundaries in place for myself. I'm not a huge fan of the term self-care.... but you catch my drift.
So, I have some friends that will help me with tools, I've booked in a day to spend with my best friend...but any suggestions that YOU'VE found helpful.... send them this way.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx