Every single year I read two books. Under the Tuscan Sun and Bella Tuscany. Both written by Frances Mayes.
Every single time I glean more depth out of these books. A way to travel, my sense of escapism and I get to appreciate the authors mastery if the English language. Peppered throughout with delectable recipes that I can almost taste.... the pop of dark purple grapes, the roasted nuttiness of freshly harvested pine nuts and the heady aroma of basil growing just outside the kitchen door. I can feel the height of the summer Tuscan sun, the rich earthy-ness of the soil and the coolness of the marble bench tops.
They leave me with a yearning to eat, to drink and to enjoy long lunches and dinners late into the night with good friends and friends of friends.
I don't know if it's the way the author writes but life appears slower.... relaxed and laid back. I sense within myself that is exactly what my heart is yearning for.
So, here's me enjoy the Sunday sun on this beautiful winter's day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx