Saturday, April 9, 2016

All About April Day 9 - Blessed

My kids dragged out boxes of cards and old photos from the storage cupboard I was cleaning out. Strewn all over the floor as they were sifting through thèm I found these two most precious photos. Photos squirreled away from past year's be kept safe so they can be looked upon years later with love and fondness. 


These two photos bring tears to my eyes every time I look at them for two reasons. One because this is where it all began....the ultimate public declaration from me to tell the world that I believe, I am done with my past, that I want to live my life for Him and that I am His. Twas a momentous day back in 1999. 


The second reason because of this man. He has such a special place in my heart. One of the kindest, gentlest, loving, most humble men I know. He showed Jamie and I what it was to be not only a man of God but what it meant to be a loving husband and father. He and wife restored our faith in what it meant to be Christian. To be loving, welcoming, open, hospitable, to love unconditionally anyone who walks through the front door. To shower upon those who visit, grace and kindness all the while having a whole lot of fun and laughs at the same time. He would then go on to officiate our wedding which was a huge blessing in itself. 


I know that he and his wife to this day don't know the lasting effect they have had on us as a couple, as a family and beyond. We carry apart of them with us always and will continue to do so as we walk forward into ministry together. We can only pray that we too will pass on such rich heritage if faith and love and be an influence in other couples and families lives. 


Biggest lesson learnt....don't ever underestimate the impact you have on people by just being you and living your life that God has set before you fully and wholly. The world is blessed by having this man and his wife, our dear friends in it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx