Monday, April 4, 2016

All About April Day 4 - Chapter 2016

I had to do two takes at this photo. After checking the first one to make sure it was half way decent I realised after counting the faces that Jesse was missing. Wee short blonde thing bottom right hand corner. So here is take two. A celebratory dinner of pizza!


Today marked the beginning of a new chapter for our family. Today Jamie started his new job, in paid employment. Can I get a Wahoo!? Oh boy its been a long hard slog to get here but we made it. 


We sent him off this morning with his lunch, a kiss, a family group hug (family tradition has group hugs where everyone has to be touching everyone even if it's a big toe) and a have a good day. Felt just like a normal family. 


As super duper exciting as this is it will be an adjustment for all of us not having him home. I think back to when he was last working....we only had five children back then. Jesse and Frankie have spent all their lives with their dad being at home and being available for a play fight or a game of hide and seek at anytime. What a blessed time! 


As we walk forward into this new chapter we are excited. Excited about what is ahead and how God will use us not only as individuals but as a family. We aren't the same people, the same family as we once we're four and a half years ago. By golly we have grown in every way possible. I can imagine God saying to me if I asked him why we had to go through what we did.....I think his answer might be "I love you too much to have you stay the same, to leave you as you were ". 


Folks keep on keeping on......His promises will come to pass maybe not how you imagine or in the time you would like but He will never forsake you nor will He ever leave you. 


We are planning to ROCK this next chapter by the way!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx