Friday, April 29, 2016

All About April Day 29 - My Backyard

One of the things I love the most about my backyard is that my kids are able to be kids without mum or dad worrying about what the neighbours are saying or what the yard looks like from the road. They can play, build and create as much as they like. And believe me we have had it all. Ropes dangling from trees, random tree houses, huts in the hedges, bubbles in the paddling pool, extra extra extra long water slides and now this.....make shift sand pit, right smack bang in the middle of the yard. Its also been made in the middle of the bigger kids soccer pitch much to their frustration. 


We actually have a sand pit over by the hedge and definitely out I the way of flying soccer balls and swinging cricket bats. Over the past six months it's become quite overgrown with weeds and seeing we were busy with wedding prep....sand pit maintenance wasn't high on our priority list. Perhaps it should of been. 


Now what started out as a bucket full of sand or two and a few cars and trucks has now turned into a full blown sand pit....the real deal. Its even got boards encasing the sand to stop it from being spread all around the lawn. This guys have done it all and every time I look out the kitchen window someone is playing in it. 


Hmmmm it looks like its time to upgrade the neglected sand pit with a bit of weeding and trailer or two of sand. These guys are amazing I love watching their undirected free play, they way they interact with each other and negotiate terms and conditions of play and who is going to be having the blue spade or the tractor and trailer next. 


Quite the preparation for life really isn't it. Maybe we could leave out the fistful of sand in the hair and the rake to the forehead as adults though....that perhaps wouldn't work to well in the workplace or would it? 


I wonder what they come up with tomorrow? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx