Thursday, April 28, 2016

All About April Day 28 - And So She Sleeps

Of all the random places that any of my kids have fallen asleep this one takes the cake. 


Found my wee Frankie pants curled up and snoring her head off on the trampoline. If she wasn't filled with snot I would of popped a blanket on her and left her there. Instead I quickly took a photo and snaffled her up ( is that even a word?) Took her inside and gave her a long luxurious mama cuddle. Poor girl not her usual spritely self but grumpy tired and full of a chesty kind of cold. 


It's times like these I am pleased that I am still breast feeding her. All that goodness can only do wonders in getting her better. Weaning is the thing I hate most about having a baby. I loathe it. It's such a special time between baby and me, a time where no one else can encroach in on it. So precious. Once weaning has taken place I have to share all of her and maybe I don't want to. 


So for now we share these precious moments together throughout the day and night and I cherish them. For the most part it doesn't worry me that she is still feeding three four times a night....that's when it's most precious, snuggly and intimate. Call me nutty if you will but I think it's wonderful. 


I know the day will come when I will have to wean her. I feel it looming up at me from the distance. Maybe I am finding it extra sad and difficult knowing that she is probably going to be the last bubba for us. 


She is growing so fast and becoming more and more independent and ooze more and more of her beautiful personality. 


I miss her babyness but am looking forward to all the amazing things yet to come.


Am I more than a little weird? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx