Monday, April 18, 2016

All About April Day 18 - Mother and Daughter

I have said previously that getting one on one time with any of my kids that's more than a trip into town for soccer practice can be pretty difficult. It just happens that its easier to lump all together or into groups. Older three boys, re girls and then Jesse and Frankie. 


So it's really really important that we are intentional and committed to making good quality one on one time a high priority. For obvious reasons we can't do it all the time but as much as we can and as opportunities arise to make it happen. 


Tonight I spent the evening with my eldest daughter Kaitlyn who is nine. Kaitlyn my first born daughter, creative, fashionable and fiercely passionate about justice and equality. Lover of designing clothes, bananas and baking (both eating and doing). As soon as we got in the car to head into town she started talking and didn't stop until we got to the church. How have I missed this! Missed the chatter of the things that are important to her. It made me more aware and even more determined that I cannot let life get in the way of being mum. 


We simply take back control of our time, our days and spend it wisely. Our children will not be young for long, she will not be young for long. She needs to know just how amazing how beautiful she is. And as her mother, her parents we need to make sure she knows. 


Creative Journaling was tonight's activities. ....totally her cup of tea, mine not so much which why tonight was so important, so cool! The coolest thing was she couldn't stop hugging me all night. I loved that. I will have to increase the amount of hugging and giggling I do with her I think.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx