Wednesday, April 13, 2016

All About April Day 13 - So It Begins

So here we are at the beginning of winter sports season, soccer season for us. It's a long season too as it goes all the way into September. It's not too bad at present it is freezing cold on practice nights and we aren't standing on frosty ground on a early Saturday morning. 


I love that my kids are so passionate about playing soccer. I just wish I was passionate about playing taxi service to five players on three different nights of the weeks and then five different games on a Saturday morning usually in five different directions. 


Jamie and I rock at the logistics at getting everyone where they need to go and with the correct gear. I have also learnt we are not super parents. There is only two of us and five soccer players, we are not going to be able to watch everyone play all of their games every week. Not unless we clone ourselves that is. 


I have learnt that we are going to have to ask other parents or coaches to help us get kids to where they need to go. It's just what we do now. 


So our crazy Saturday mornings will begin on my birthday......how kind of them. But one of my favourite things about winter sports is coming home with the fire going and having hot hearty soup with crusty bread. Ahhh. Nice. That and wrapping my poor freezing fingers around a hot cup of coffee while standing on the sideline. Which is made even better if I dont have any little people hanging off my legs or needing to go to the toilet. 


Good times ah? Bring it on.



1 comment:

  1. I remember those days well having 3 boys to ferry arounf trying to watch as many as possible as well as reffing good memories but it didnt always seem like that when it was pouring with rain on a Saturday then getting them all home for lunch and if we had an early kick off ie 1.oo pm it made a mad rush hectic days but good memories.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx