Monday, April 25, 2016

All About April Day 25 - A Boy and His Trucks

This was the view outside my side kitchen window at four thirty this afternoon.....My three old engrossed in his own world, his own game, doing his own thing. No one dictating the rules, no one bugging him, no one to interrupt him with invitations to play something else. Just a boy, his trucks and a pile of dirt. I don't think he would rather have been anywhere else. To me this right here is almost the epitome of childhood. *sigh. 


While my week has been busy and filled with good family time it's been a long one also. 


Tonight is the last night I have by myself....tomorrow my husband comes home from his annual hunting retreat with his brother and buddies. Five nights gone in the middle of no where, choppered in, sporadic communication out and none in. I know it's only five nights but I think the fact I can't talk to him or contact him makes it seem longer. But tomorrow afternoon he will be home and all will be well again. 


I have missed him more this year for some reason. Perhaps because we were super busy leading up to him going away. I know he loves this time away and he LOVES his hunting and any meat he gets is an added bonus. I hope I can sleep tonight because I so desperately need it. Twenty more hours to go....Oh 19 and a half now! 


One in bed and six kiddies to go! Not that I am counting or anything. How was your day?



1 comment:

  1. Reading about your 3 year old made me feel peaceful. Content.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx