Sunday, April 3, 2016

All About April Day 3 - Walking into Manhood

Yesterday I wrote briefly on the weekend that my three oldest boys and husband was away on. A weekend that saw men folk from good friends and family celebrate Jaydens upcoming 13th birthday and him beginning his journey into manhood. I thought that I would share the gifts that Jayden received yesterday from some of the men.



A knife....always keep it sharp and clean and it will always be ready to use and it will never let you down. So keep yourself sharp and clean through the Word of God and you will always be ready to be used and to live life. A $100 note....good friendships and relationships are always worth the investment but they will cost you something. A headlamp....as you wear it on your head it will light the path for your feet. Just as the Word of God will always be a light for your feet as your walk through life. Letters filled with scripture, affirming and encouraging words, wisdom and guidance. 


All this from men that know and love Jayden the most. I, as my boys mother am so grateful to have such good strong, on fire for God men in not only my boys life but also in the life of my husband. Men that he can laugh with, hunt with, hang with and share with. Men who are for him, for our marriage and for our family, as we are for them too. They have our backs. 


I am forever thankful and forever blessed because if this. I pray that other young men could have the same kind of positive input into their lives as they begin their journey into becoming a man.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx