I feel my urge to write is coming back....and this makes me happy. Very happy. I haven't felt like writing much for months and months perhaps even over a year...I actually thought maybe my passion, my heart for it had disappeared.
For a time, I think I lost a piece of myself over the past year or two. I've struggled to hold my head above the water at times.... you dig way down deep when you have a husband to connect with, kids to love and parent, a job to do and a role to play.
However, over this time Loving Arms has gone to seemingly new levels this year.... we are having at least two registrations from families every day. The pressure is real knowing that families are relying on us to help them provide for their babies, but more so to see them beyond who they are in their current situation. In March this year just before Covid-19 hit and put us into lockdown, Jamie and I believed that it was time for me to commit to full-time work driving Loving Arms. So, he resigned from his position as Associate Pastor at Zion Church and came home to be a stay-at-home dad/business manager for Loving Arms.
This was a time of huge adjustment for all of us especially seeing as weren't drawing an income. But God has been ever so faithful at providing for us and allowing us to find favor in working alongside agencies that are allowing us to do what we do. I fully believe Loving Arms wouldn't have been able to have helped like we've helped and accomplished what we have if we hadn't been obedient to His voice.
If I could encourage anyone it would be to have faith, be strengthened by His Word, His love and be bold as you take that very first step into what you know God is calling you to do. It might be hard and scary at times, but you won't regret it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx