"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" - Matthew 11:28
Today I urge you to rest in Him....all you who are tired, hurting, burdened. You do not need 12 coloured highlighters, a scented candle, a pretty journal, absolute peace and an immaculate house. Just come as you are, where you are, how you are and He will meet you there.
Today is my self-appointed day off. I'm tired, weary and burdened. So, while the kids are at school and the husband is away.... I'm taking time. I turned the tv on and let my 2-year-old watch Paw Patrol so I could come.
We all know this year has been long and crazy. And for me my life simply does not the same as it did at the beginning of the year. I'm no longer an "at home mum" but working full-time, my husband left his job as Associate Pastor to be an "at home dad" and business manager, my eldest son moved out and we've left the church we called home for over 15 years. I am still adjusting, my heart still healing.
I am deeply overwhelmed with the need I see on a daily basis, wishing I could do more to lessen the desperation in families, to provide more, provide food, to provide a safe clean home for families. I am burdened by the pain and sadness I see in family and friends.
But in all of this.... God is still on the throne, and I get to rest in Him, let Him minister to my heart, let Him replenish my joy and let Him strengthen me. What a blessing!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx