Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Merry Christmas

Always at the beginning of each year, I ask God to give me a word or words for the year. Last year it was Nourish & Nurture....this year it was Grit & Grace.
Really those two words are absolute perfect bookends for what has been ...well quite the year for all of us.
I mentioned a few posts back that my life looks completely different as it did at the beginning of the year. Not bad but very different.
I've needed GRACE with myself, with my family and others as everyone adjusts to our new normal. Grace upon grace.
I've needed GRIT to push through some really hard things.... things that have grown and changed me. To be honest I think we've all need GRIT and GRACE to get through this year.
My lesson here I think...is that while things maybe hard...it doesn't mean it's bad. Hard doesn't just equal bad. It's just hard. Hard could also be good.
I'm looking forward to the new year dawning filled with opportunity and newness. Some might say hope...but hope doesn't come in the form of a new year, a new job or new anything....
Hope comes in the form of our Savior Christ Jesus....not only hope but also peace, love and joy. And we all need an abundance of those things in our lives, don't we?
For He is the reason for the season.
So, from my family to yours....
Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year.

Sharni xx


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx