Thursday, January 7, 2021

Silly Dog

I've never been a dog person. I don't like them sniffing, licking or jumping.

But this dog...this one has wriggled her way into my heart and claimed her place in our family. And I never knew how much so until she got lost hunting.
When Jamie came back to camp in the pouring rain after being away for hours and said...."I've lost the dog".... I fully felt my heart in my mouth beating so fast. I said, "you need to find her.... you need to". Memories came flooding back to the time when she was mauled by a dog off its leash and she nearly died. I knew members of my family would be devastated if she was gone.
Jamie collected my eldest son and went back out into the pouring rain to search the hilly bush knowing full well any scent she may have been able to track will have been washed away but the downpour.
Hours passed and all I could do was pray. Frankie cried ALOT and made Dixie a card while camped out in our tent saying she hoped she was ok. Finally, Casey came back without her and heartbroken. It hurts so bad to see your kids in that much heart pain. More family went out in vehicles looking for her too....it was still bucketing down. After six hours since she took off after a deer she spooked...Jamie found her soaked to the bone, shivering and tangled around a tree by her lead.
I've never been so pleased to see a silly dog in my life. They truly truly do become a part of your family.
The worst thing.... knowing she was lost and not knowing what had happened to her. Knowing that driving away and leaving the area without her really just wasn't an option I was willing to entertain.
God is good....and most certainly cares for those things we love.... even dogs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx