Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Follow February Day 18 - Open Eyes

About this time 16 years ago I would of been super duper excited as it was only 1 month to go before I was to marry the man of my dreams! Man time has gone fast! 


This was just one of the many this I reflected on today on my walk this afternoon. I had to sneak, yes actually sneak out of the house to go on one today. Even then I was caught by my baby who promptly burst into tears and pressed her teary face against the glass door. Talk about guilt inducing! But I strode off in my pink sparkly sneakers and left her in the capable hands of her daddy. 


I use this time not only to exercise but to talk or pray to God. We have loads to discuss. Always. Sometimes like today I spent my time more listening and noticing than talking to Him. I feel I am far too practiced at talking and not of staying quiet. Maybe you are like that too? 


Today I have thinking a lot about love, particularly His love and how that is the heartbeat and essence of God. And if we were to totally immerse ourselves in His love and let it reflect out of us in EVERY area of our lives,....How much different would our world be? How different our marriages, our parenting, our working relationships, our friendships, our communities and even our churches if we grasped hold of His love. 


In my time of walking, thinking, reflecting and listening I discovered this little guy. A black half tame rabbit. He was so beautiful and majestic looking. I nearly got right up to him before he hopped away. I had never seen him before and I have walked/run that road many many times and see rabbits frequently. You may think me silly but I felt seeing him was a gift from God. Like Him saying to me...."Hey here is something I think you will love. Just for you ...because I love you" Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. How wonderful! 


"So these three things remain: faith, hope and love. But the best one of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx