Monday, February 1, 2016

Follow February Day 2 - Surfer Son

Him. He is a part of my heart walking around this world, the fourteen year old part. He is growing up and the older he gets the faster time seems to go.


He spent part of the long weekend at the beach with friends.....surfing, fishing and just hanging out. You know the things which teenage boys are good at. I should really add eating into that list as well. 


It amazes me how much I miss him when he isn't here. The dynamic of the house and the family changes. I am so proud of not only who he is becoming but who he is right now. I love his sense of humour, his self confidence, the way he plays with his littlest brother and baby sister, the fact that he calls me "mama bear" and still gives me hugs. 


I lay on his bed this morning with my morning cuppa in my hand and we talked. Talked about his weekend, his waves, his year ahead and what his schooling might look like for the year. It was comfortable.


No longer can I tell him what to do, now it's more of a guiding relationship. I know full well that most of his direction and identity as a man now comes from his dad who in mine opinion the man who has his back and is the best person to guide him into manhood.


I love him more everyday because he is so flippen AWESOME but of course that is not to say that sometimes he can drive me batty as all kids do. Surfer Son will make his own mark on this world....I hope the world is ready for this much AWESOME!



Isn't he just handsome? How old is your eldest? Does it freak you out but excite you at the same time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx