Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Follow February Day 24 - Take for Granted

It's maize harvesting season around these parts. I don't know why but I quite enjoy this time of year. I love the constant busyness of the machinery day and night, the feeling in the air and the excitement of a certain wee boy of mine whenever a giant tractor, chopper or truck rolls down the road. 


Perhaps it gives me a sense of structure or security, that everything is as it should be in my world. Seasons come and go. The end of summer brings maize, a glut of tomatoes and courgette, cicadas, crickets and cooler mornings with a hint....just a hint of autumn with a fine layer of fog in the early morning. The days are hot and humid and the kids are still swimming but pretty soon this season will give way to a cooler one. *sigh* I miss summer when it isn't here. 


My thoughts today while I was on my walk turned to my view and the sights I see every time I venture down this road. It is often and familiar. I am no longer surprised by much along this road. Although the black rabbit did knock my socks off! The road hasn't changed much, it is still the same. Like a comfy pair of pjs or woolly socks. But when we get that comfy we tend to take for granted what we do have and how blessed we are. 


I looked around today, I mean really looked and breathed deeply of the unique beauty, the space, the landscape and the vista I had. What I have always had but so often miss. Miss because I am not even paying attention and have got so used to seeing, because I am caught up in my own head most of the time.


 *sigh.


 Lesson was learnt today. Thankfully.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx