Friday, February 19, 2016

Follow February Day 20 - Selfie with the Kids

What is with having a photo taken? Some of us love it some of us hate it. I think I am now in between. I use to hate it with a passion. I never ever thought I looked any good in pictures. I was more than happy to be on the other side of the camera clicking away, capturing memories for others. 


Now that makes me sad I was like that. I am now trying really really hard to be ok with having my photo taken. I certainly don't want my kids especially my girls to have hang ups about having their photo taken. 


So now while I don't hate it I certainly don't love it. I'll sometime have to take the same photo many times to get a photo that passes strict criteria I have set. No neck wrinkles, no extra fat rolls, no weird eyes, hair looking good oh and let me stand on the side that way you don't get the hips in. I know some of you the same. We our own harshest critics. But it's a journey probably a lesson in pride too. 


So here is me... no make up and slightly sweaty. Looking happy and having fun with some if my kids and out walking the course for the 'Walk of Fun'. Thought I'd better make sure its doable for kiddies. 


So I am determined that I'll have some photos with my kids, my hubby and even my bestie! (We recently discovered we had hardly anything to mark our 17 year or so friendship ) I will change that. I can't guarantee you will see them all but they will be there. Definitely. 


Do you have many photos of yourself? Do you have a screening process before you keep any??





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx