Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Follow February Day 10 - Feeling the Fear

I just love this tree. I love its height, it's leaves and it's colour. Such a beautiful lime green colour and when the sun is setting it gives the place a lovely lime green hue! It's so peaceful as well and every home with children in it should have a tyre swing in the yard. I get a lot of enjoyment from this tree. It just fits perfectly.


I have been feeling a little overwhelmed today, a little lost maybe even a little lonely. I know how can anyone feel lonely in a houseful of kids right? 


But sometimes I wonder how on earth did I get here and that it might be nice to be normal for a day. Well I dont really have to wonder too hard, I got here by saying 'yes' to God and to whatever he has put in front of me. And normal is probably something that doesn't exist.


Sometimes if I think about it too much and try to make sense of it all, try to work it all out or worry about the what it's I start to freak out. Do you ever do that? 


I feel totally unqualified for what is in front of me. In times like that it pays for me to close the door on thinking and look to him, the one who created heaven and earth and me. Who has brought me through so much, accomplished so much and is leading me (maybe sometimes dragging me) through this crazy time, this crazy life. 


It's true I am busy, I pack a lot in. I am not even going to deny it. But isn't everyone busy? It pays not to think too much. But I know that God is with me all of the time, maybe shaking his head in exasperation at times but He is with me. And carry on I will living my normally abnormal life.


 "I will lift my eyes to the mountains; From where shall my help come? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber" Psalm 121:1-3



1 comment:

  1. Always here when you need me for a listening ear and an ice cold coke zero!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx