Saturday, February 6, 2016

Follow February Day 7 - In Daddy's Arms

You don't know how relieved I was when I took that second photo. Even the first photo was an improvement on the previous hour or so. 


Wee poppet and her littlest big brother were playing in their sisters room. Seemingly innocent time but then they decided to pull down and play with a lamp. It went downhill, fast from there. 


My sweet wee girl who barely even cries at anything burnt her hand on the light bulb. She had only really just stopped crying just before that first photo was taken. She had been crying for over an hour! I don't think she has ever cried for that long before. Lots and lots of cold water (even got Daddy to take her in the pool) and many prayers later she finally sobs herself into a peaceful state in her daddy's arms. 


What an ordeal! Anytime one of my kids is hurting or sick it stresses me out, I get tight in the chest and I feel sick. So you can imagine my relief when she FINALLY succumbed to sleep. Her hand is red and sore. *sad face* but treatable at home. 


The old arch nemesis of any mother, 'mother-guilt' came to visit too. But in reality it was an innocent accident, just kids being inquisitive kids. I pray for a long healing sleep for her! 


P.s. But isn't she just scrumptious!?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx