Friday, November 9, 2018

A Leap of Faith

Taking a leap of faith.... scary right? Sometimes it's just darn right petrifying. By nature, I am NOT a risk taker. I like to be comfortable and feel safe and secure. But if I have learnt ANYTHING at all about our journey over the past seven years and being in ministry is that being comfortable gets you nowhere. Being uncomfy in the stretch is where it's at people....and I am feeling the burn.

I have been learning a lot about myself over the last few months.... about where I fit, my weaknesses and my strengths. What I am ok with and what I am not. And I am not ok with being complacent and resting on my laurels.... not when there is such need still out there. I have been working with some fantastic people who are calling me forward as a I seek to grow the reach and portfolio of @lovingarmsnz
Words like '5-year plan, forecasting, key goals, mission statements and key values' are now part of my vocabulary. Who even am I? Today I took one of those scary steps.... I pressed the send button on something that is now open to the ears and eyes of some key people. Can I just say I am freaking out? Again, who even am I? I do not like being in the centre of attention, do not like leaving myself open for criticism or negativity. All the 'what ifs' are flying around inside my head right now.
But I take my strength and comfort in one of my life verses....one that's seen me through HUGE tests and leaps.

"So do not fear for I am with you;
do not be dismayed for I am the Lord your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Is 41:10
I may be afraid, but I am still walking forward.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx