Sunday, October 28, 2018

Coffee Time

Well, this is new. Coffee in the quiet.

Frankie is at her official day at Kindy today. I am not going to lie I am feeling quite lost. She more than happily went bouncing off not at all aware of the momentous milestone this is for her or for me. "Bye Mama see ya later!" No hesitation, no extra hugs, certainly no tears not even a second glance. Just pure joy!
I know I should be pleased...pleased that she is super confident and secure....and I am. I truly am. Still, I feel.... strange.
So, I have come back home to just 3 kiddies...2 of which are pretty self-sufficient and a baby and as I sit here sipping my coffee all I can here is the soft baby babble, the murmur of the 13-year-old as he works through math's problems, the drip of rain outside and the beep of the washing machine telling me it's done. I wonder how long it will take me to get used to this quiet empty space?
I am not holding on to any false ideas that I'll be resting on my laurels now. Nope....this season will be just as productive and full as the last as I move forward with @loving_arms_nz and other roles I find myself in. As you do.

Right...now to finish my coffee, message the caterers and order more vacuum bags!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx