I am having trouble finding the right words to express how I am feeling about seeing this photo that was posted on our church page by our senior pastor
While we have been in the midst of all these new beginnings and big changes...my husband has been out of the country on a mission trip. It's his first time in Indonesia, his first time preaching through an interpreter and his first time being away from us for such a long time. We miss him. I know the kids miss him and can't wait for him to get back so they can share their excitement in starting school.
I have truly felt the faithful prayers of the saints during this time. Knowing that I have such an amazing church family, awesome friends and supportive family has made this huge mountain a mere grassy knoll.
I was really challenged watching a documentary about the Hillsong worship team where they were interviewing one of the wives and when asked about how she felt about her husband being gone for such long periods of time she simply said, "I see this as my sacrifice for my God...to let him go and for me to stay and to do my role (as a mother) well". As she said those words, they jolted through my spirit...for this is to be my sacrifice too....to stay and do my role the best that I can. Mother, home maker, leader, friend, daughter, event organizer, school mum.... I will do my best..."as unto the Lord" Colossians 3:23
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx